I Samuel 8:3 tells us that, sadly, Samuel's sons did not follow his footsteps, just as Eli's sons did not follow Eli's footsteps. Our children, it seems in most cases, will raise their children much in the same way that we raised them. Wow! What a sobering thought! We must be extremely careful how we make our decisions and pray for God's wisdom every step of the way. Young eyes are watching our every move and reaction, whether they be our own children or those around us that we influence. Only the Holy Spirit knows what each person needs in each situation. It seems the only way we can hope to have an eternal influence on a life is through the mind of Christ and influence of the Holy Spirit.
God, please walk with me every moment of the day and "Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips." (Psalm 141:3). Every word I speak and action I take is so important! I LOVE serving You!
- ► 2010 (30)
- Picture of some of our kids...
- GREAT Soul-winning Story...
- Great Weekend!
- Interesting thought...
- God can use anyone with a desire to be used!
- Good Job, Patriots...
- Fun with the Teen Girls!
- Great Sunday in the Teen Department...
- Had a great day out Teen Soul-winning today. 17 te...
- AMAZING the testimony a group of teens can have!
- Great time of soul-winning with the teens!
- Thought from I Samuel 2:30...
- Great Service, Baptist Conference on Soul-winning!...
- Great Day at the Arlington Baptist Church today!
- HILARIOUS game to play!
- Being married to a Youth Pastor is fun!
- Friend Day is coming!
- Busy, Busy Days!
- Great Weekend!
- Great Sunday School Class!
- Great Teen activity!
- Just when I think I know what I am doing...
- I love working with teenagers!
- ▼ October (23)