Yesterday, we took the teens out as usual. Dan was pretty tired as he usually is on Wednesdays due to lack of sleep! I was pretty wiped out too since Darren has NOT been sleeping much due to molars and a few bad dreams. We got everyone picked up and then dropped off in groups to go door to door. Then Dan and I went together yesterday.
The first door we went to was opened by a lady who just stared at us and did not say a word! So I handed her a tract and invited her to come and visit us at church sometime. She closed the door and we started to the next door.
Just then the door the lady had just closed swung open again. A young adult man come dashing out and said, "Wait! Can I have one of those papers? (our tracts) I am really having a hard time in my life right now." WOW! Talk about God opening up an opportunity!! Of course, we came back and Dan encouraged him for a bit. He told us how he and his girlfriend were really going through some trials. he had moved here from Louisiana 5 years ago and just now was able to get a job...guess where?...UPS! So he and Dan certainly had some common ground to chat about!
Dan then opened the Bible and showed him what things could be "For Sure" in his life...knowing he was a child of God! He sweetly bowed his head, prayed and accepted Christ as his Saviour!! I was moved to tears during their prayer.
Here is the amazing part...He did not live at that house and he had only walked in the door 5 minutes before we knocked! Also, he said he had been praying every night for 4 or 5 days for God to give him a sign and show him that He was really there!! Coincidence? Hmmm...I THINK NOT! Talk about making your day, huh?! Isn't it GREAT to be used by God?!!!
- ► 2010 (30)
- Picture of some of our kids...
- GREAT Soul-winning Story...
- Great Weekend!
- Interesting thought...
- God can use anyone with a desire to be used!
- Good Job, Patriots...
- Fun with the Teen Girls!
- Great Sunday in the Teen Department...
- Had a great day out Teen Soul-winning today. 17 te...
- AMAZING the testimony a group of teens can have!
- Great time of soul-winning with the teens!
- Thought from I Samuel 2:30...
- Great Service, Baptist Conference on Soul-winning!...
- Great Day at the Arlington Baptist Church today!
- HILARIOUS game to play!
- Being married to a Youth Pastor is fun!
- Friend Day is coming!
- Busy, Busy Days!
- Great Weekend!
- Great Sunday School Class!
- Great Teen activity!
- Just when I think I know what I am doing...
- I love working with teenagers!
- ▼ October (23)