Turkey Gets a Bad Wrap...


Ground Turkey gets a bad wrap! Probably because...if you cook it by itself and/or overcook it, it is a tasteless rubbery mess. Ever tried to eat it like that? I have! That's when you forget dinner and order pizza. :)

Ground Turkey is a blank slate that lends itself to any flavor, you just need to add lots of flavor! My 'go to' for ground turkey, and what I have shown in the photo above is asian flavors. **I forgot to show my fresh ginger and soy sauce in this photo at the top! Those are two of the key flavors in these burger patties.

I also put in a little bit of ground pork sausage for flavoring and juiciness (about 2 Tbsp size scoops of meat with this one pound of ground turkey breast, I guess). Fresh grated veggies in your meat also adds a moist delicious texture. Think fresh grated onion, zucchini, also...add fresh grated ginger, grated garlic, etc. etc.

(You decide how much of each you like and mix it up!)
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey (I used turkey breast this time)
- 2-3 Tbsp. of Ground Pork Sausage
- Fresh grated ginger
- Fresh grated zucchini
- Fresh spinach torn or sliced in smaller pieces
- Minced garlic (I always keep the jar of minced garlic in olive oil in my fridge. SO much quicker.)
- Fresh grated Onion
    **Onion powder and garlic powder work in a pinch. They just don't add the moisture.
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil,  few small dashes (strong flavor, so add according to your taste)
- Pepper and a little salt (since you are added soy sauce)

Grab your hand grater, dump all the ingredients in a bowl with the meat, smash it all together with your hands and form small thin patties. I cook them with a little olive oil and a few drops of sesame oil in my non-stick pan. If you make them thin, they cook in literally 3-5 minutes.

Make and cook these right after you go grocery shopping, pop them in a container in the fridge and you have your lunch burger patties for the week! Just mix up your sides. I eat mine with a side of dijon mustard and a dash of ketchup to dip my bites in.

No comments:

Post a Comment