Healthy 'Egg Roll in a Bowl' Recipe!

DEFINITELY a family favorite all around in this house! I seriously LOVE this recipe. It is so super quick, cheap and easy--plus it's healthy and my husband and kids love it. Win Win!! This was our family meal this past Friday evening.

Here is a link to the recipe I used:

Healthy Egg Roll in a Bowl

I tweak it to make it my own--a little different every time depending on what I have on hand.

I usually shred my own organic cabbage with a knife and grate in a few organic carrots. But, in a hurry, I have used a bag of coleslaw mix as well. It's shredded really fine so it cooks quickly and makes this a super super fast recipe.

You can mix up the meat to be whatever you like. In the past, I have used the last 2 chicken thighs I had left along with some ground pork and turkey, or my last 2 pork chops diced and cooked in the pan after the ground meat.

I also LOVE to add some different veggies that cook quickly. If you don't have green onion on hand, sauce a little diced or sliced onion in the pan after the meat. Zucchini is one of my personal favorite add-ins.

If you want to serve this with a starch, some whole wheat fettuccine noodles cooked separately and tossed in right before serving taste delicious and help fill those tummies around the table with only a few added in.

Whatever you do...don't leave out the sesame oil! It makes this dish in my opinion! You will thank yourself if you go buy some and keep it in your pantry for any asian flavored dish. It pairs so well with soy sauce.

Hang some paper lanterns, sit on the floor around your coffee table, light a couple candles, play some Chinese music and have fun for Friday night family dinner! Happy cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment