Raisin' the Roof...

Yes, that is literally the name of this bread, Raisin' the Roof!

When my oldest two are at school and my youngest is down for nap time, I usually sit down in a quiet house to do some afternoon computer work or reading. I always want a hot cup of something and a small snack to go with that quiet time. It's a mental relax thing, I guess.

I have had Dave's Killer Bread lots of times before, it's all good! Try it! But I just found this raisin kind recently. I have had the Ezekiel 4:9 raisin bread in the past. I used to always have that one. And, while the Ezekiel bread may be a touch healthier than this one, I wanted a softer, chewier raisin bread texture.

This bread is all organic and its ingredients and sweetener are less refined. Here is a link for the ingredients:
http://www.daveskillerbread.com/raisin-the-roof/
It has a load of whole grains and seeds, but has a delicious taste and texture. One slice (at 90 calories) is a satisfying snack for me.

**Toast one slice, spread with a little butter, because...butter! If it is toast without butter it does not deserve the name toast, people! And then a little all-fruit (no refined sugar) jelly of your liking. Or in the fall...no-sugar apple butter!! YUM!

Also, since I try to limit coffee intake to my cup and a half in the morning (and YES many days I have more than that), I pour my last 2-3 Tbsp of coffee from the pot into my mug, fill the rest with hot water and brew a chamomile tea bag in the liquid instead. A perfect coffee 'fake-out' for my taste buds. :)

(Maybe tomorrow I will share what I put in my coffee, since I like it a little sweet and creamy, but not too sweet.)

No one is paying me to advertise products, by the way! I just love it when others share their favorites with me, so I am sharing mine with you. Leave a comment here on my blog or on FB to share your favorites with all of us too!

No comments:

Post a Comment