My favorites for today...

YUM!!

I know, I know, the name of these chips makes you want to laugh and walk past the bag. But...don't knock it till you try it! These 'Beanitos' black bean chips are delicious!

**TIP: When I am trying to get back on track, I usually count out how many chips I am going to have and measure out the amount of guacamole (one serving is a very filling snack). I believe resetting our portion sizes visually is a big step in the right direction. Everything around is us offered in 'Super-Sized' when it comes to food servings!

I tasted guacamole years ago and just couldn't handle the texture of the big chunks of avocado. So, I never ate any again for a really long time.

Then I tried this Sabra brand, Classic, (with no added sugars by the way) and I love the creamy texture. It has a perfect balance in taste and goes great with these chips!

Add in a grilled turkey burger patty and you have a pretty tasty lunch. (I will share that recipe tomorrow.) Don't write off ground turkey either!! It's all about what you add to it. I will share what I have found to work for our family with ground turkey tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment