Chocolate and Peanut Butter...Enough Said!



If it has chocolate and it has peanut butter...I'm in! One of my favorite combos. 
**Eating healthy does not have to mean you quit all desserts.

Here is a SUPER simple 4 ingredient dessert ready in minutes. And you don't have to feel bad about having one! Got this great idea from my mom. She calls them Chocolate Mounds! Yum!

- 1 cup of Ghirardelli Bittersweet Baking Chips 
***(Really you can use any dark chocolate chips you like, these just happen to be my personal favorite!! These baking chips are a little bigger than your average chocolate chip, so, I keep them on hand, grab 7 or 8, and eat them with a few pecans if I am craving something sweet. Another idea!)
- 1/4 cup of all natural peanut butter 
- 1 cup of Crisp Rice Cereal
- 1/4 cup of raisins

Pour your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave at 30 second increments till your chocolate is soft and you can stir the chips to finish melting. Add peanut butter, Rice Cereal and raisins. Stir to combine. Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie tray. Place in the refrigerator till they Harden.

That's it!!

*If you are using a chocolate more dark and bitter than this, you can add a little all-natural sweetener if you like or add more raisins. I have also added marshmallows, nuts, Cheerios, you could add coconut, literally anything you want to mix in! Just make sure there is more chocolate than mix-ins or the chocolate mounds will be slightly dry and a little harder to eat. :)

I keep these in my fridge--or in the pantry if it's not a hot season of the year--for munching in case of a sweet tooth emergency. :)

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment