Wednesday, January 27, 2010
STOP and reflect...
"The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes. For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful. The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good. He deviseth mischief upon his bed; he setteth himself in a way that is not good; he abhorreth not evil."
It seems God gives us six things in these 4 verses that describe a wicked man; 6 things obviously we should work to avoid!!
6 Ways This Psalm describes a wicked man...
1. (vs. 1...there is no fear of God before his eyes.) A lack of fear or respect for God.
2. (vs. 2...For he flattereth himself in his own eyes,) A pride, arrogancy or self-exaltation.
3. (vs. 3...The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good.) Ceasing to care whether ones' words or actions are wise or good.
4. (vs. 4...He deviseth mischief upon his bed;) A planning or plotting of mischief.
5. (vs. 4...he setteth himself in a way that is not good;) Placing oneself in the wrong path.
6. (vs. 4...he abhorreth not evil.) Ceasing to Hate and Abhor sin. The Bible doesn't way he committed evil, he just did not abhor it. Love the sinner, but hate the sin that destroys their lives.
Thank you, God for this reminder! Please bring these 6 traits often to mind so I may remember to avoid them!
- ▼ 2010 (30)