Back to the Basics!

And I mean in...EATING!

My goal after a "not-so-healthy" Christmas holiday season is to bring our family back to the food basics! Dan and I started today working toward our goal of bringing our diet back to the basic healthy foods, namely more fruits and veggies, raw and whole foods...less processed and chemicals.

I personally have to eat some protein in the mornings or I feel tired all day. An egg and some fruit or fruit juice do the trick for me! Also, a piece of whole grain toast or Bible Bread. (Ever tried Bible bread? Actually Ezekiel 4:9 bread; it is delicious and SO good for you. Especially spread with some homemade sugar-free apple butter! MMmmmm!!)...

...(Ezekiel 4:9 "Take thou also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentiles, and millet, and fitches, and put them in one vessel, and make thee bread thereof,") It is made with all the grains and sprouts mentioned in that verse. Found at your local health food store. A bit more pricey per loaf, but if we only eat one slice in the morning for toast it lasts almost a week. Worth a couple dollars more.

My husband and I LOVE to eat ALL kinds of different foods so we really don't cut out any one "type" of food from our diets (fad diets, carbs, etc.) One thing we are putting back in perspective is our portion sizes.

I have to readjust our "food eyes" occasionally and we have found this works WONDERS for maintaining our weight. We are surrounded by "Out of Control" portions everywhere we go. I go back to measuring EVERYTHING for a little while until our eyes and stomachs adjust to where they should be! Whenever we readjust that one area, we are always surprised at the results in our body weight and our appetites!

Also a great healthy tea to drink is Mulberry Leaf. It has LOTS of great health benefits and can also help you shed some pounds a little easier. Of course, I am not offering a professional opinion in health matters; these are just a few things that have worked for me! Hope they can be a help to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment