Are you for real?


I think it is okay sometimes as a Youth Worker to let your young people know you are "for real" and have areas you struggle with just as they do. They need to know you face temptations and weaknesses also. (To some extent...Be careful not to disclose private information, especially regarding your family. They don't need to know all of your business and personal life!)

I recently listened to a podcast from Ministry 127 by pastor's wife, Mrs. Terrie Chappell. "A Life in Balance" http://ministry127.com/resources/podcasts/episodes/a-life-in-balance-terrie-chappell. She was so down to earth and honest about her own life and short-comings as she talked about organization. I found it so refreshing! I could relate to her on so many levels which challenged me to make some changes in my life as well.

I will start...Hello, my name is Helen and I am an email hoarder! Ha! Seriously, I have kept years worth of stuff in my inbox. It would have taken me MUCH more time than I have available to sort everything into folders. Are any of you like that too?

Today, I finally decided it would be best to just "Select All" and "Delete." This was one area I needed to unclutter my life. I have now created folders for different emails that contain info I have to keep. All other emails will be deleted after they are read.

Let's ask God to show us what areas we need to "unclutter," re-think or simplify in our lives.

Let's also ask God to give us the wisdom to be a "for real" role model for the young people in our lives, whether it be our own children or those we influence through our lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment