Guard Your Heart...


Proverbs 4:23 "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life."

This has been my life verse since my mom challenged me to find one during a difficult time at the end of my 9th grade year of high school. Thanks, Mom! The reminder God gives in this verse has been such a help to me over the years.

Every decision we make is influenced by the condition of our heart. How desperately important that we constantly guard our heart against the wrong influences.

I believe every person will experience times in their lives when they feel they have let their hearts drift a little from God. If we want to be a good "guard" over our heart we must be careful not to let time pass without confessing this to God and fixing the problem. If we do not immediately address complacency in our walk with God, time will quickly pass and our hearts will begin to become increasingly more cold and hardened to the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

We must daily ask God to help us "keep" or guard our hearts!

Thank You, God for this reminder today. I LOVE reading Proverbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment