Church...For better or for worse?


I Corinthians 11-17-18 "Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it."

According to this passage of God's Word, when a church gathers together to serve, it ought to be a building experience and not a display of selfish and prideful feelings.

It seems it would behoove us occasionally in our ministry to stop and re-evaluate why we go to church and serve in our ministry.

It seems that we as Christians start with the right intentions for God. But often, after years of service, our heart's desire leaves and we are simply going through the motions. We still do what we are supposed to do, but without the passion, drive and desire in our heart to please God.

When we continue in a ministry for self-image rather than a desire to please our Saviour, chances are we will become a bitter and discontented Christian.

Thank You, God, for the reminder this morning to put the right motive back into my service for You!

No comments:

Post a Comment