How Can I Help Others Grow?


The following thoughts came while reading 1 Thessalonians 1-2...

How do we help others around us grow as Christians? These chapters seem to show us that it first begins in our heart!

I must cultivate, through Christ, a sincere love for others. It does not take people long to spot a fake!

Do I really desire to make a difference in the lives of those involved in my area of ministry? If my answer is yes, then I must ask for God's help daily as I strive to grow my love to be more like His...a mature, unconditional, selfless love.
How important to learn to love people despite their show of emotion or actions toward myself! How important to work on cultivating an interest in every part of the lives of the people to whom I minister!
Someone will believe I really care when they see that I show an interest in every area of their lives...not just the areas that directly affect my relationship with them.
Thank you, God, for this reminder to cultivate a more unconditional love for people! Thank you for the reminder that I cannot make a difference FOR You apart from a relationship WITH You! I can never love people as I ought until I first love YOU as I ought.
What a privilege to serve You, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment