Changing Hats...


I Thessalonians 5:14 "Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men."

Four things Paul mentions in this verse for God's people to do...Warn, Comfort, Support, and Be Patient.

These are four very different hats to wear as a Christian. Obviously I must learn to be a well-balanced Christian. In the ministry I will be called upon to wear many different hats...warning one moment, comforting another person the next, offering support for a Christian trying to grow and then showing patience with all around me.

As I juggle all the different "hats" God allows me to wear, I must strive to learn how to change each "hat," or transition from one situation to the next, quickly and smoothly. I cannot carry emotion from one situation into another. If I really want to be a help to people then I must learn to live 100% in each moment and situation I am in, leaving all others behind.

For example, we cannot properly comfort one person if we are still emotionally charged from a warning we shared with another person. Is this possible for me in my own strength? Probably not! I need the wisdom and discernment of God and the still, small voice of the Holy Spirit daily!

Thank You, God, for this great reminder! I LOVE I Thessalonians chapter 5! This is one of my very favorite chapters from which to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment