Good Deeds Without Love...


I Corinthians 13:1-3 "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing."

All the good deeds I do, all the knowledge I possess, all the good intentions I can muster will profit nothing without charity, or true love.

I John 4:7-8 says, "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."

If God is love, and without love our life has no profit, then it seems God is teaching us to include Him in every single area and relationship of our lives. If we leave him out, all the good things we can do are empty and fall short of their potential.

It is still important for me to do good no matter what spiritual "temperature" my life registers. However, those good deeds will not make a lasting impact on a person's spirit without true love which comes ONLY from God!

Is love the motive for everything I do, or do I serve God out of obligation?

Thank You, Lord, for this reminder today to include you into every minute of my day. I love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment