We Are God's Billboard...


I Kings 10:8-9a

"Happy are thy men, happy are these thy servants, which stand continually before thee, and that hear thy wisdom."

"Blessed be the Lord thy God,"

These verses are in relation to the Queen of Sheba's visit to Solomon. She was coming to see for herself if he was really all that people said he was.

One thing that she noticed about those around Solomon was their spirit towards their service. They were HAPPY! Interesting that her very next words after this observation were..."Blessed be the Lord thy God,"

I also serve a King, THE King! I am an "advertisement" for Him (whether good or bad) in every moment of my life. My spirit, my attitude about the work of God may be the deciding factor in whether or not someone chooses to follow God or look for another road to happiness.

Simply my disposition in a church service may have a profound impact on someone sitting near me. I may not even officially speak to them, but someone is watching, always watching my life.

Thank you, God, for this reminder that I am a walking "billboard" for you. What kind of advertisement am I for the cause of Christ? I hope anyone I meet today will be able to say, "She is HAPPY to serve the Lord!!"






No comments:

Post a Comment