Humble Service...


I Kings 6:38 "And in the eleventh year, in the month Bul, which is the eighth month, was the house finished throughout all the parts thereof, and according to all the fashion of it. So was he seven years in building it."
This passage of scripture refers to Solomon's building of the temple.

The last statement of this verse which is the last statement of the chapter stood out for me. "So he was SEVEN YEARS in building it."

Most of us would want a gold medal for spending such a tremendous amount of our time for God. However, this was a reminder to me today that I OWE God a portion of my time.

It seems that too often Christians obtain "Martyr Syndrome" about service for God. If one does not receive recognition for the "great" things done for Christ, a Christian might become a little offended, some perhaps might even quit their ministry or quit church.

God gave me the very air I breathe; therefore I ought to humbly and willingly serve Him on every occasion possible. I should expect nothing in return for my service; after all, I have already received everlasting life!!

A great reminder that I should not have to even be asked to help out around the church, I ought to volunteer to any and every opportunity in order to express my love to God. Great reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment