"Not in word, but in Power"


I Corinthians 4:20
"For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power."

It seems that God reminded me through this verse that it matters not what I can say. After many years of living the Christian life, I can learn just the right things to say that make me sound 'ultra-spiritual.' These words are spoken for the glory of man and have no lasting affect on my life and the lives of those I influence.

What matters most is whether or not the power of God rests on my life. The old hymn quotes, "All is vain unless the spirit of the Holy One comes down." My dear sweet great grandmother, Ruby Byrom, used to sing this sweet hymn, "Brethren We Have Met to Worship." What a dear sweet saint she was and what a great truth she sang!

God, I invite you into every area of my life no matter how small it may seem. I need You as the center of all I do. Thank You for this great reminder You sent my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment